Sunday Evening Worship | Carl McCray, Pastor
The thoughts of Heaven should excite every believer. I’m excited about Heaven, my home! The Apostle Paul and also John had a sneak peak, but they didn’t live there and see all the beauty of the place called Heaven. However, we do have the Word of God that tells us about it; and everything the Word tells us about Heaven makes me super excited!
In Heaven, we will have:
- A perfect body – 1 Corinthians 15:52 tells us “in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet… we will be changed.” One day we will get a glorified, perfect, new body!
- A perfect home – Jesus tells us in John 14:2-3 that He is preparing a place for His followers to be with Him! Our eternal home will be perfect.
- Perfect neighbors – In Heaven, we will be surrounded by some great men and women of the Bible. We will be able to chat with David, Noah, Moses, Abraham and a whole slew of others who walked by faith as noted in Hebrews 11.
- A perfect reunion – One day because of what Jesus did on Calvary, all of God’s children will gather together in Heaven to never be separated again. (1 Thessalonians 4:13-18)
- A perfect neighborhood – Doesn’t living in this world get you down sometimes? This world can be very discouraging – broken promises, thievery – but Revelation 21:4-5 tells us ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”
- A perfect freedom – Romans 7:24-26
Heaven will have a perfect ending! One day we will see Him face to face. I can say I am ready and excited. Are you ready? You can be!
I hope you feel led to watch the video below of the worship service and sermon about Heaven My Home.
Blessings from Burgin Baptist Church