November 26, 2017 Sunday Morning Worship | Carl McCray, Pastor
A Little Help with Christmas Gifts (2 Corinthians 9:15)
Thank you for visiting Burgin Baptist Church’s website. Our desire is to share with others the Good News of salvation found only in Jesus Christ. At our worship service today, Rita Inman shared how Jesus changed her life. Pastor Carl McCray shared a message about giving the perfect gift, a topic on the minds of many during the Christmas season. I pray you will read the remainder of this post, watch the video, and be blessed!
Sermon by Pastor Carl McCray
God is in the giving business. He is very giving. He gave to Adam and Eve, to Sarah, to the shepherds, to Joseph, and to the world. God gave! Proof of God’s giving is found in scripture: John 3:16 (For God so loved the world he gave); James 1:17 (Every good and perfect gift is from above); Romans 8:32 (He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all—how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things?); Ephesians 2:8 (For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God).
This Christmas season so many of us are searching for that perfect Christmas gift for someone special. God loves us very much, and He has given us a perfect gift! We can learn a lot from Him about giving good gifts.
A perfect gift is…
- PERSONAL. God gave us a personal gift, Jesus! Jesus wrapped himself up in flesh gave himself. He came for you and me.
- PRACTICAL. Jesus gave us the most practical gift, salvation! Everyone needs it!
- PLEASING. God gave the most pleasing gift of all, His Son.
- PERMANENT. What Jesus gave us is of lasting, eternal value.
- PURCHASED. Jesus paid it all! He gave his life on the cross to pay the penalty for our sins.
Have you received the free gift from God? The greatest gift? Why not do it today?