October 4, 2020 Drive-In Service with Pastor Carl McCray
Special Music: Solo by Lawson Whitt
Message: Truth About Temptation
Passage: Luke 4:1-13
We all struggle with temptation every day of our lives. It seems like once we beat one temptation, another will come along. Many believe that temptation is a sin. How wrong! Temptation is not a sin. Temptation becomes sin when we act on that opportunity. Even Jesus was tempted, and Jesus understands temptation.
- The devil tempts when we’ve gone without and tempts with the idea of a shortcut. (Luke 4:3-4)
- The devil tempts with the idea of compromise. (Luke 4:5-7)
- The devil tempts with the idea of entitlement. (Luke 4:9-11)
We all can learn from the way Jesus responded to temptation. The devil will attack when you are weak. Be prepared! Prepare your mind in advance before the temptation strikes. Spend time in the Word and in prayer every day. Jesus was prepared ahead of time, and He.conquered temptation.
I’ll leave you with some encouraging scripture. 1 Corinthians 10:13 tells us, “No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.”
Burgin Baptist Church
September 27, 2020 Worship on the Lawn Drive-In Service with Pastor Carl McCray
Special Music: Solo by Dr. Jennifer Miller
Passage: 1 John 1:1-10
How would you describe the year 2020 in one word? I would describe it as “epic”. The definition of epic is a large amount or degree. The. year 2020 has definitely had a large amount of events.
Let’s put the focus on God. What does God want you to know today? God wants you to know that He will be faithful. The Bible tells us in 1 John 1 verse 10, “If we confess our sins, he (God) is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.” God is faithful. Many people have think “what sins can I commit and still get into Heaven?” The main focus is not just getting your sins forgiven. God wants to give you you abundant life.
So, how can you maximize your relationship with God and minimize sins? Walk in the Light. Listen to the message to learn more.
Burgin Baptist Church
September 20, 2020 Worship on the Lawn Drive-In Service with Pastor Carl McCray
Message: A Health Habit
What is a healthy habit for Christians? The answer is found in 1 Corinthians 15:58, “Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.”
Acts 2:42-47 describes the early church and how they stood firm.
- (verse 42) “They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.
- (verse 43) Everyone was filled with awe at the many wonders and signs performed by the apostles.
- (verse 44) All the believers were together and had everything in common.
- (verse 45) They sold property and possessions to give to anyone who had need.
- (verse 46) Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, 47 praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.”
Like the Believers in Acts 2, stand firm. Stand firm for the return of our Lord. Stand firm in your fellowship. Stand firm in your prayers. Jesus is coming! Always stand firm.
Will you join me in standing firm?
Bugin Baptist Church