Sunday Morning Worship, August 27, 2017 | Carl McCray, Pastor
What if? Why Not? – What if I took control of my words? (James 3)
I am so excited to be a part of the Burgin Baptist Church family! If you don’t have a faith family, I invite you to visit us at Burgin Baptist. Today, Herbie Lyons shared his personal testimony about following Jesus, and he shared this profound statement: “believe, trust, and have faith and He will bless!” The Burgin Baptist choir reminded us with the song, “Just a Little Talk with Jesus,” that Jesus answers prayers. “He will hear our faintest cry, He will answer by and by.” Pastor Carl McCray helped us explore the possibilities of “What if? Why Not? What If I took control of my words?” Watch the video and be blessed!
January 15, 2017 – Evening Service | Pastor Carl McCray
God blesses us in different ways. When the Lord blesses us, He expects us to use it for the purpose of glorifying Him and not ourselves. The Bible teaches us in James 4 about attitudes the Lord resists and attitudes the Lord regards.
- Lustful lives (verse 1) – God wants us to crave Him and Him alone.
- Doubtful lives (verse 2) – Trust the Lord and present Him with your needs.
- Selfish lives (verse 3) – Seek the Lord in prayer and ask for His opinion.
- Worldly lives (verses 4-5) – The Lord desires for us to be faithful to Him; to be a fully committed follower.
- The humble (verse 6) – God gives grace to the humble.
- The obedient (verse 7) – It is a daily decision to submit to the Lord and resist the enemy, the devil.
Think about your attitudes. Do your attitudes glorify God or yourself? Are you someone that God resists or someone that God regards?
I hope you feel led to watch the video below of the full worship service that includes the sermon on attitude. Also, if you prefer, there is a button below to open an audio file (MP3) of just the sermon.
Blessings from Burgin Baptist Church